Friday 26 May 2017

RAJMA CHAWAL

RAJMA CHAWAL
Food is a very important part of my life. It gives me happiness. I generally love to eat spicy food. But in this scorching summer I really don't like to have heavy spicy food. I was thinking to make something which would be light but tasty. I badly wanted to make a one meal dish which would vanish my hunger as well as make me healthy. So, the first name of comfort food came into my mind was Rajma Chawal. Though I didn't want to make it in traditional way. Its too heavily spicy (Too much tasty too). I got inspired by my Bengali Cuisine. I decided to make in a less spicy manner.
I always tries to make dishes from the ingredients available in my kitchen. I really don't believe that you need a lot of things from the market to make something delicious. Delicious food can be made by the ingredients available in your kitchen.
So no more lecture now. Back to the topic and let's check the ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: 

1. Basmati Rice (Optional)
2. Rajma or Kidney Beans (Soaked for 10-12 hours)
3. Finely Chopped Onion
4. Ginger Paste
5. Garlic Slices (If you want to make paste you can do)
6. Tomato Puree
7. Coriander
8. Deseeded Chilies
9. Turmeric powder
10. Cumin
11. Red Chili Powder
12. Coriander Powder
13. Cumin Powder
14. Garam Masala
15. Mustard Oil


PROCESS:

1. Clean the Rajma and cook it under pressure cooker till 4-5 whistles are given out.
2. Drain and reserve the flavorful water for use.
3. Put a pan on the stove and heat 2 table spoon of Mustard Oil.
4. Next, add Cumin seeds, Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder and Cumin Powder (Add spices according to the quantity of Rajma).
5. Saute it for 2-3 minutes and then add diced Onions, Ginger paste and slices of Garlic. (I personally like the bite of garlic that's why sliced it. If you don't then paste it) 
6. Saute it for another 4-5 minutes. 
7. Add Tomato Puree to it and mix it again.
8. Add the Rajma and the reserve liquor.
9. Adjust the taste if required
10. Mash the mixture and stir it well.   
11. Finally add chopped Coriander,  Deseeded Chilies (just for the flavour) and Garam Masala. 
12. Serve the Rajma hot with Basmati Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Home?!!

This question is bothering me for last few weeks. What is Home? Is it a house with four walls? Or is it the people you live with? If the peo...