Monday 26 June 2017

My Love for Theater (JADAVPUR SPANDAN NATYO SANGHA)

I always love to be on stage whether front or back it doesn't matter. I respect it. I love it. But a time came in my life when I have to leave the stage. I never thought that I would get the chance to do work on stage again. I always love to write whatever comes to my mind. My friend Sraban gave me an opportunity to write subtitle for his short film Mukti ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mG1mtIxZEo ). Then I met Abheek Chattopadhyay. He invited both of us to experience the theater. I never watched theater. I had no expectations. But what I experienced I could not express it through words. Thanks to Abheek Chattopadhyay ( https://www.facebook.com/abheek08/ ). 
Now I want to take you to an insight journey of my Theater Life.....  

JADAVPUR SPANDAN NATYO SANGHA

I could not say enough thanks to Abheek for introducing me to his own group Jadavpur Spandan Natyo Sangha ( https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011648863413 ). We lovingly call it JSNS.  

ASH-MIL

23rd JANUARY, 2016
Place: Sujata Sadan
Directed by Saikat Chakraborty

I lost myself for two hours. ASH-MIL was a heroic saga based on Pandit Ram Prasad Bismil (Abheek Chattopadhyay) and Ashfaqulla Khan (Spandan Mukherjee). This story compares the two generation of the same country and depicts how the youth have changed in the course of time. The drama celebrates the patriotism of the unfamiliar heroes of our country who hang themselves happily for the sake of our country. From that very day I fall in love with theater. I know that I wouldn't miss a single show of JSNS. I keep my promise till now. Though I am not an audience right now.

 AFTAB

19th MAY, 2016
Place: Tapan Theater
Directed by: Saikat Chakraborty
A 44 year old professor, Aftab Choudhury (Abheek Chattopadhyay) rebels against the odd without caring his age. He sticks what he believes. Even when the darkest time came in his life he didn't lost his hopes and clutched his faith. His love for the language won everyone's heart. His eternal love for language brings him into the light.



SITA-VOG

24th SEPTEMBER, 2016
Place: Jogesh Mime Academy
Directed By: Saikat Chakraborty
Assistant Director & Choreographer: Pralipta Mukherjee

Sita-Vog is a battle of existence. This metaphysical drama revolves around the existence of every women. The struggle begins from the beginning of civilization. Every women had to fight for their own rights. But we hope for a new day at the end of every dark night. The plot is divided into two parts. One part is whirling around the life of Janhavi (Pralipta Mukherjee) and Raghuram (Abheek Chattopadhyay). Another part of the play is circulating around the life of Sita (Swagata Sen) and Lord Rama (Devrup Sengupta). These two parts meet at one point and create a saga of existence. 




*** for the updates of our upcoming works please stay tuned with our official facebook profile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Home?!!

This question is bothering me for last few weeks. What is Home? Is it a house with four walls? Or is it the people you live with? If the peo...