Friday 6 April 2018

SPELLBOUND IN SIKKIM||TRAVEL BLOG (PART-3)

I hope all of you have read two previous parts of this series. If you missed then here is the solution
https://littlehapinez.blogspot.in/2018/03/spellbound-in-sikkimtravel-blog-part-1.html
https://littlehapinez.blogspot.in/2018/03/spellbound-in-sikkimtravel-blog-part-2.html

This is the third part of my new travel series Spellbound in Sikkim. I have already shared the first two part of my journey. Today I'll talk about my journey towards Gurudongmar Lake and Chopta Valley.

26/02/18

ON THE WAY TO GURUDONGMAR

So, a very good morning to all of you. I finished my blog on the night of 25th on which day we came to
Lachen. As I have mentioned earlier in my previous blog that we needed to start for Gurudongmar Lake at 5 o'clock in the morning. At 4 am we woke up. Finally it stopped raining and when we came out of our room I
4.30 am in Lachen
thought I wasn't in myself. The whole environment grabbed me in its arm. I totally lost myself and trust me I really didn't care to recollect myself. I was completely caught by the trance of nature's beauty. The scenery was so pure and so celestial as if God put everything with his own hand. That's why every bit of that blissful landscape is perfectly crafted. The sky covered itself with a navy blue bed-sheet and the stars were scattered like jasmine flowers. Some unknown proud mountains were giving guard to this majestic mother nature. Those proud mountains were wearing white crown which reveals their
This is the place where tyre punctured
royalty. Please tell me how can one remain steady after seeing such a beauty!!! Is this even possible? I don't think so. Even I don't want to. What I wanted at that point to live in that moment. As you can completely understand through my words that I was in the arms of nature. I didn't realize how much time I spent. Suddenly some noise broke my dream and reality welcomed me. It was 5.30 am then. Our driver was sleeping peacefully. Everyone was loosing their temper. Finally in between all the drama he came at 5.45 pm and we started for Gurudongmar Lake at 6 o'clock. We were all pumped up. So happy with whatever we experience with our eyes. Just after an hour our car stopped. Simon, our driver came out of the car and then he gave us a big surprise. Do you want to know the surprise??? The front tyre of our car became so tired
Surrounding Beauty
that it lost its breathe in the mid way. We thought that it took a lot of time to save the tyre. But fortunately one fellow driver who was just behind our car came to rescue. Meanwhile we enjoyed the awesome view. We clicked a bunch of photos. It took 10-12 minutes to rescue the faint tyre. I pumped up again and imagined that the car won't stop till Gurudongmar Lake. Without my consciousness DESTINY was laughing at me. Just after 1 minute our car stopped again as all the car which was before us stopped there in front of a small tea stall. No it was not  tea break for sure. It was a break of our entire Gurudongamar trip. We couldn't go further as heavy snow fall became obstacle. I lost my each and every bit of enthusiasm which I gather drop by drop. Every one halfheartedly stepped down out of the car except me. I was so disappointed that I reluctant to move a single step. However, I saw everyone was happily accepting the situation and started playing with ice. My husband forced me to come down once. For him only I came out of the car. After looking everyone's smiling face I felt that accepting this situation would rescue me from being lonely. It's okay that we were not in Gurudongmar Lake but where we stood now whatever the place was extremely beautiful. I couldn't be
The Small Tea Stall
Our Hotel in Lachen
hopeless. I again taught me that accept everything. Whatever the situation is make the most out of it. I regained my energy. I filled my lungs with the icy wind. I played there, I clicked 100 pictures and I even fall on the ice. We didn't know how we passed two and a half hour there. Simon, our driver called us to have our breakfast. We had bread and Jam for breakfast. Believe me, that was the best jam -bread meal I ever had in my life. We had hot cups of tea too. After having our breakfast we were all agreed to leave Lachen as soon as possible. As we didn't want to face the situation what we faced last night. While coming back we were all so tired that we slept till we reached hotel. Then we packed our luggage, we had lunch (rice, potato-cauliflower fry, dal& egg curry) and again sat on our car. We bid GOOD BYE to Lachen and promised that we would visit again.      

 LACHUNG

Honestly, though I accepted my destiny but I couldn't engage myself in the beauty of nature while traveling from Lachen to Lachung. It was worthy scenario and obviously had everything to claim your attention. But
View from Chungthan
somehow I wasn't in that head space. We stopped once to have tea at Chungthang. It took almost 2.15 hours to over come 47km. After one and a half hour we stepped down to see Bhewma Falls popularly known as Amitabh Bachchan Falls.It is one of the tallest waterfalls of North Sikkim Dist. We reached Lachung at 3.30 pm but our room wasn't ready. The hotel workers suggested us to visit Kataou and
Amitabh Bachchan Falls
meanwhile they would clean our room. Here is a twist. Zero point had been already declared closed. So they suggested us another place call Kataou. To visit Kataou we should give 250 per head to our driver as he would take us there on his own risk. Even rules of visiting zero point is also same. We all were agreed to go to Kataou but not at that point of time. We decided to see sunrise on our way to Kataou. We kept all our bags in one room and went to explore Lachung. We were starving too. We had chai in our hotel and went out to have something. Walking on the roads of Lachung I found my lost hope and energy. It was beyond my expectation. I heard the sweet sound of Lachung river and I couldn't stop my feet to go there. But we had to stop to have omelet. It gave us enough protein and energy to enjoy the surroundings. You
View From Lachung River
know what I believe that I have a deep connection with water. As I go crazy when I see river, lake or sea. And this time I became completely mad because of that hill river. It was flowing like a proud queen. 
Lachung River
And how can I forget about the wind. Uff!!! It was as sharp as a knife. It was chilling cold and the scenic beauty of Lachung river captured me. I thought for a second that I should live here forever. Whenever I was about to loose my mind It is always my dear husband who come to rescue from my mind (though he thinks I don't have mind). We spent almost 2-3 hours and Then we came back to hotel to get some rest. At 8.30 pm we ate dinner. Dinner and lunch of both Lachen and Lachung was same. We discussed with our driver and resolved that we would leave for Kataou at 4am.
Without wasting a single moment we went to sleep.


GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE....
SEE YOU IN THE NEXT PART.....
WITH LOVE
** THIS IS NOT A PAID PROMOTION



   

1 comment:

  1. I read & saw your blog that given me good information. It's loveable and interesting and it has good collection. Thanks.
    Our Services -
    Car Hire
    Car Booking
    Taxi Rental
    Taxi Hire
    Car Hire
    Cab Hire

    ReplyDelete

A Thankless Job

  Happy National Flower Day! On March 21st, we celebrate National Flower Day to evoke the beautiful season of Spring. Spring is the season o...