Monday 10 July 2017

CALCUTTA BISTRO

As you you my love for food can't resist me to try out new dishes in new places. This time my food destination was Culcutta Bistro at Jadavpur. You can describe Jadavpur area as a food junction. You can find every kind of food here and there in Jadavpur area. This time I fixed my eyes on Culcutta Bistro.

CALCUTTA BISTRO

ADDRESS :  No.50-A/1A, Raja Subodh Chandra Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700032

OPENING HOURS : 12 PM-11 PM

PHONE NUMBER : (033) 2418 -7712

CUISINE 

Calcutta Bistro mainly serves Chinese and Indian food. Their menu card is divided into three parts including separate parts for Starter (Veg and Non-Veg), Main Course (Veg and Non-Veg). The first half of it is about the Chinese dishes and the Second half of it is about the Indian cuisine. Third part is about Dessert. They also have a page for Appetizer Starter Drinks. 

INTERIOR :

The interior of the restaurant is nice. The restaurant is two storied (A/C). The walls are decorated with paintings. The overall interior gives you a cozy feeling.  

My Food :

I tried to have as much as I can. But surely I can't go for all the food there. Hope I will visit there next time to have the item which I did not go for this time.

STARTER :

I ordered a plain sweet soda for refreshing my palate. 

1. PAN FRIED CHILLY FISH (6 pieces) - 190/- INR :


Calcutta Bistro's Description In Menu
 : Tangy tomato gravy, scallions ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scallion ) mildly spiced with jalapeno ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalape%C3%B1o ). 

PAN FRIED CHILLY FISH

MY VIEW

It has a more tangy and sour taste. The scallions give it a texture and also add some color to the dish. I quite like the small chunks of ginger and garlic.  I think that it was barramundi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barramundi ). The fish was sweet and tender. 



MAIN COURSE : 

1.VEG POLAOU - 140/- INR 


Calcutta Bistro's Description In Menu : There wasn't any description.
VEG POLAU AND BALTI CHICKEN

MY VIEW

When the dish hit the table the smell of the ghee fills my heart and mind. The polaou was extremely light. It has the aroma of ghee though ghee wasn't overpowering the polaou. The small pieces of paneer (cottage cheese) make it more light. Addition of beans, carrot and peas add color and texture to the polaou. The veg polaou was made with long grain rice. Overall I was satisfied. 

2. BALTI CHICKEN (6 pieces) - 165/- INR :

Calcutta Bistro's Description In Menu : Cubed chicken cooked with tossed saute onions, capsicum, tomatoes and cream served in a copper balti.

MY VIEW

It was like a normal chicken kosha with a big chunks of onions, capsicum, tomatoes with coriander. the gravy was smooth and mildly spiced. It was a okay dish to me. But considering the price it was really nice. 

3. DESSERT - 125/- INR : 

Calcutta Bistro's Description In Menu : There wasn't any description.
ARABIAN DELIGHTS

MY VIEW

I was expected it to be something out of the box. But it wasn't. It was normal three different flavored (chocolate, butter scotch and strawberry) scoop of ice cream served with dates. On the top of the ice cream scoop there was cheery drizzled with honey. It was a regular ice cream palate. 

*** This is not a paid promotion. I paid for my meal including GST. 

 For more update check the official page of Fictitious Freak  ( https://www.facebook.com/fictitiousfreak/ )


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Home?!!

This question is bothering me for last few weeks. What is Home? Is it a house with four walls? Or is it the people you live with? If the peo...